Friday, April 30, 2010

Am I Really Ready for This???

The boys are coming Sunday morning.  I have a scheduled c-section at 7:30 AM.  Finally the end is nearly here!  I've been saying that I'm ready for the last two-plus months, but now I wonder, am I really ready for this????

The checklist seems complete:
Nursery decorated & ready
Bottles sterilized and color-coded (Amy purple, Bryan blue, Aiden green)
Double-sized layette washed & folded
Stash of disposable diapers, plus 6 dozen cloth diapers washed and ready
Extra batteries for the swings!
Schedules to help me remember who got changed, fed, etc.
Car seats (three of them) installed, with not even half an inch to spare!
And one VERY pregnant mama!  These pics were taken today, at 37 weeks, 5 days.
(Notice how my shirts no longer cover the bottom of my belly!  Amy thinks this is pretty funny and loves to touch it!  I didn't want to buy new shirts since I figure they'll fit me again in a few days.)

So this is it!  In less than 48 hours I'll have two new baby boys.  I'm not sure how we'll survive the crazy days ahead of us, but I know that we will!  I hope that I'm making the right decision to schedule a c-section rather than waiting to go into labor.  The OB and perinatologist both think it's a good plan, but I just pray that the boys really are done "cooking."  Certainly, I'm nervous about the upcoming days, but I'm also soooooo excited to not be pregnant anymore!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Yeah!!! You're so close, and are WAY more prepared than I was...so no more stress, you can do it!

Jenny Whiting said...

Wow, you really are VERY pregnant! :) It's amazing how much a pregnant body can stretch...and you will definitely feel a huge relief to have those babies out! We can't wait to see pictures of the cute little guys. The room looks cute and you seem very prepared. I will definitely be thinking LOTS about you and hoping for the best!

April said...

You are way prepared, love the chart idea! I've been thinking of you all week and hoping you are at least staying comfortable, as best can be. Best of luck to you!!! Accept any and all help you can get. You'll do great!

April said...

Oh, and I can't wait to hear all the stories you will have to tell in the coming months!

Jessica said...

I hope everything went well! I'm glad your mom is here to help. I'm thinking of you and wishing you some sleep. :)

Rachel Doyle said...

Oh I can't wait to see pictures. I really will be bringing you dinner in the next couple of weeks. How long is your mom going to be in town? Let me know if I can help.

Rachel Doyle said...

I almost stopped by the hospital -- my cousin Kristen had a baby this weekend too. hope you are feeling well and people are taking care of you.