Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sometimes I Pretend that I Don't Know!

Yesterday Amy came down with a little cold, or maybe it was allergies with the warmer weather.  In any case, she didn't feel well and it was a longish day for us.  I've been taking her to the babysitter where she can have fun playing outside with her little friends for a few hours everyday this week just because it's hard for me to move around and keep her entertained.  But the babysitter wasn't available today. . .

This morning while I was messing around on the computer I could hear Amy playing in the cat food.  She really likes helping feed the cat and as a result has learned how to open the tub of cat food.  I could hear what she was doing and was sure that she was making a huge mess.  I decided to pretend that I didn't know what was going on!  I was just so happy that she was entertaining herself!  She played for about 20 minutes before I decided that I should go check on her!  This is how I found her.



No mess at all!  Sometimes Amy is so good to me!  I moved her out to the deck where she did get a little messier, but she played for another 15 minutes or so and it only took 10 seconds to sweep it up.

Unfortunately, things don't always turn out so well when I pretend that I don't know what's going on!

I'm so excited!  My mom arrives tonight from Virginia.  She'll be here for about a week just to help me out with things (and for Jason's graduation from BYU).  Then she'll be back in May to help me some more.  Amy will be thrilled to have someone to play with!  And me too!

No comments: