Sunday, April 11, 2010
I'm still me
With each day the simple little things in life are getting more and more difficult simply due to being so pregnant. I get tired so very quickly, it's difficult to move, stand, breath, sleep, etc. I look and act like a completely different person because of it. But underneath of this pregnant body, I'm still me. I still want to be able to get down on the floor and play with my kids, go on a walk with them, go jeeping and camping. I still want to clean my house and prepare meals for my family. I still have the same desires and feelings and intentions, but it seems so difficult, even impossible, to act on most of them. I am so looking forward to being able to act like myself again! I miss being me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh honey, hang in there! Even though it seems like an eternity until those babies are born, once they are born it will all have been so worth it. I know it's hard having one inside, I cannot even imagine having two! You're doing great. DOn't worry about all those other things that normally get done that aren't even a priority right now. Just take care of yourself!
Oh, and I guess I am logged in under David's account...this is from April not David! ;)
April, that was funny....I was trying to figure out what David would say "Oh honey" to Kristen! :)
Ditto to April. Even though you want to do other things, you're doing the most important thing right now of keeping your babies growing and healthy. This too shall pass...it will be a small moment when you look back. And in a few days Mom will be there to help...that always encourages me knowing that help is coming! love you and you're doing great!
haha, I was laughing and trying to imagine how much David must have changed to call you "honey." Glad to know it wasn't actually him. I think about you every day. I can't imagine what you're feeling, and those boys will probably never fully realize what you went through to get them here, but it's all a mother's love. You love them so much already! Hope the days go quickly!
I know how your feeling, and it took about 2 weeks after the boys arrived to finally feel normal again (and most of the swelling and pain had subsided by then). My sister in law that lives with us even told her family that she "felt sorry for me b/c I didn't know how to be happy anymore" (due to the pregnancy). You will feel normal again, and I can tell you that I spend most of my time on the floor with the boys...you'll get there soon!
Post a Comment