Monday, April 5, 2010

The Wonder Soap

Remember that rash?  It's practically gone!  I read online in many pregnancy forums about how well this soap, Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap, helps with the rash.  So I ran to the natural foods store, spent $4 on a bar, and after using it twice a day for 4 days on my arms and belly, the rash is gone and my skin is so much softer.  The soap stinks like a campfire, but I love the results and will continue using it throughout the rest of my pregnancy.  Anyone with really dry or irritated skin (rashes, eczema, etc.) should give this a try!

I have another doctor's appointment this afternoon.  I'm anxious to see if he has any suggestions about when I can deliver these little bundles of joy.  I've been extremely uncomfortable (except for the rash going away) the past few days.  Sleeping is a major challenge.  Whenever I lay down the boys like to crawl up under my ribs.  On Thursday and Friday last week I was having a lot of contractions (nearly went to the hospital, even packed my bags), but I took the terbutaline and they eventually settled down.  Thank goodness Dan has been home the past few days and has helped me to take it super easy.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable, and hope the time comes quickly. Thanks for the tip about the soap. I'm definitely going to try it. I have had horrible excema since Kaylee was 3 months old, and I'll try anything!!