Well, I made it to my goal of 36 weeks! Everything still seems to be going well. At the doctor (OB) yesterday I was dilated to 1 cm, 70% effaced. Today at my weekly non-stress test they did a quicky ultrasound to measure the babies' fluid and found that both babies are head-down now! I suppose that's good news because it means a vaginal delivery is possible (which means quicker recovery), but what I worry about is that the first baby will be delivered vaginally and then complications will come up (there's so many things that could happen between the first and second baby) and then I'll have to have an emergency c-section for the second baby. Anyway, the nurse just told me to make sure that they do an ultra-sound to confirm the babies' positions before delivering them, no matter which method! The OB told me that if I don't go into labor by May 2 then we'll deliver them (at 38 weeks). He says (and things I've read online also say) that nothing good happens after 38 weeks with twins. The mortality rate actually starts increasing at that point because of all the strain on the mother's body, or the placenta can start deteriorating, etc., etc. Anyway, I think I can survive until May 2!
About a week ago that PUPPS rash spread to both of my legs. Fortunately a few days with that pine tar soap cleared it up. Thank goodness!
Also, it is sooooo nice having my mom here to help out with things. Amy LOVES LOVES LOVES her!
3 comments:
You're almost there!! I PRAY you can deliver vaginally. I tried, and everything looked good...but once the boys were delivered via c-section, we discovered that the approximate weights were totally off, and the smaller twin was presenting...so I would have ended up with a c-section for the second one anyway.
Trust your doctors & nurses...but also trust your body!
Yeah for the rash disappearing!! I just thought I was crazy and never tried anything besides hydrocortizone cream :o)
I keep thinking about you...glad the end is in sight. My friend (the one I showed you pictures of when you were here) had one vaginal delivery and then one c-section with her twins, and everything worked out fine. If you want to talk to her about it, let me know and I can put you in touch with her.
Hope everything continues to go well.
Once you wrote about the soap, I had Adam get some for me when he was out, and it has helped me. I find that it doesn't really smell on my body, just in the shower. Thanks for writing about it.
This is long...maybe I should have emailed. ;)
I'm totally thinking about you! Wow, what fun crazy times you are about to go through! Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of the beautiful babies!
Post a Comment