It's 3:30 AM and I can't sleep at all! I laid in bed awake since 1:00 with terrible lower back pain, but no notable contractions or anything. I finally decided to get up. Now that I'm up and moving around I feel a little better.
Today makes 37 weeks! That's pretty awesome. I figure these babies have got to come soon! They are so heavy! I have an OB appointment this afternoon and an appointment with the perinatologist on Tuesday. (Did you know that they have free valet parking at the hospital? It's so helpful because the walk from the parking garage to the perinatology department is so far for me!) For the last four weeks every time I've had a non-stress test the nurses and perinatologist get all excited about how many contractions I'm having (they show up on the monitor about every 1.5-3 minutes) and even say the only reason they let me go home is because I live close to the hospital. They are always sure I'm going into labor. I always assure them that the contractions are normal and that I'm not in labor, either that or I've been in labor for over a month!!! One of these days, soon I hope, it will be real! At least I know that I don't have to go any longer than one more week. At this point I feel confident that the babies are healthy and strong and probably won't need NICU time.
My mom just left yesterday afternoon and won't be back for another week. I'm counting on lots of help and support from friends this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment