Monday, November 21, 2011

Recent Fall Pictures

 I found these super cute, little teeny tiny gloves at the dollar store.  The boys think they're great.  But it's really hard to get their fingers in all the right holes.  Aren't my boys cute?

 Amy really wanted to be Orphan Annie for Halloween. She loves the movie and she thinks she looks just like Annie.  I found this dress for $2 at a consignment store.  Just added a white sash.  It's a size 6, so I had to pin it up, but now she'll have a dress to wear in a few years!  I thought she was really cute.  Her dog Sandy was the finishing touch!

I forgot to take a picture of Aiden and Bryan until they were pretty much done with Halloween.  Aiden was a giraffe and Bryan was a lion.  They loved running around in their costumes and eating lots of candy!!!!

Aaron and Jessi were at their other mom's house.  We missed them!
  
And of course we did some learning on Halloween.  We learned a lot about please and thank yous!  When we got home we combined everyone's candy.  First we sorted it by color.  Then counted each pile.  I'm sure we could have come up with a lot more learning activities to do with the candy, but that's all we did!
 
Amy made a Thanksgiving shirt at preschool last week.  Then she and I made a turkey snack for all of us to share.

We finished up our leaf study that I wrote about a few weeks ago.  It was a good starter unit for us.  We did most of the activities on the list and Amy is definitely more aware of leaves and seasons.

Then this last week I've been busy building a roof/covering for our deck so that we'll have an outdoor space that's not covered in snow for the kids to play in this winter.  Of course, it will be nice for summer too.  But, it's kept me pretty busy so I haven't focused too much on homeschooling this week, although Amy is really interested in measuring everything with the measuring tape now!

No comments: