Thursday, January 27, 2011

Something to be grateful for

Our home is an infirmary right now.  I usually pride myself on getting out of the house everyday.  It makes me and the kids happy.  But we're in quarantine right now.  (Although just going on a long drive isn't out of the question.)

But even though we've got lots of sniffles (more like floods of snot!), sneezes, and coughs going on, there is something to be grateful for.  Aiden, who has been a TERRIBLE sleeper the past few weeks has suddenly decided that he will take naps again.  All three little ones have been taking long naps the past two days, leaving me some time to get a few things done, like securing baby gates at the top of the stairs and disinfecting toys!

4 comments:

Jenny Whiting said...

Thank goodness for long naps. I'm so glad they're doing that for you, at least for now. I'm really sorry everyone is sick, at the same time. Hopefully once they get over this, they will all be healthy for a long time. I wish we could help you.
I'm SOOOOO excited to hear that you are coming to reunion...let's talk about it soon! Love ya!

Kristen said...

Sorry to hear everyone has been sick. Maybe if you feel up to it a drive would do everyone good. I know when I'm home for a long time, just riding in the car can help. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Karen said...

Oh no! Sorry you are all sick. RSV too. That can be scary. Once you are out of quarantine we should do one of our outings together. Thank goodness they are getting naps and coordinating them too!!

Mary said...

That is awesome!! One of my boys will only take 1 1/2 hr nap, while the other one sleep 3 hrs. I hope the flood of snot dries up soon!!