Monday, July 28, 2008

Jessica's 8th Birthday

Jessica is already 8! It's hard to believe that I've been around for almost half of Jessica's life! This is the 4th birthday I've celebrated with her. She opted for a party at home so that she could invite as many friends as she wanted. We had about a dozen girls over. They played in the bounce house with the hose, making it more of a bouncy slip-n-slide. Water balloons only lasted a minute or two. We also had a unicorn pinata. I enjoy making birthday cakes for the kids. This year, a chocolate puppy dog cake with butter cream frosting. Yum! The paws are cupcakes, spots are junior mints, the eyes and tag are mint patties, the collar and tongue are fruit by the foot, ears and mouth are licorice whips. Easy and fun to make.
Happy Birthday, Jessica. Daddy and I love you!

1 comment:

Jenny Whiting said...

I love the cake! you're really good at doing those. what a fun little party...well, not so little - a ton of girls!! I'm sure Jessica loved it.