Monday, July 28, 2008

Camping at Strawberry Reservoir

We just got back from spending 4 days camping at Strawberry Reservoir. We took an RV that we have on the lot so it was camping in comfort! We spent one full day at the lake. I took the kids out on the raft. We got far enough away from the shore that I wasn't quite sure I could get us back! Thank goodness for the boat wakes that helped pushed us toward the shore!Dan brought his SCUBA gear and spent some time exploring the lake bottom. He says it's covered with thousands of crayfish. Yuck! Jessica caught a crayfish in her bucket and played with it for a while, making a home for it in the sand.
Aaron was excited to find his old snorkeling gear in Dan's bag, but couldn't bring himself to get all the way into the cold water. He was pretty funny to watch. He would get part-way in and then run out of water because he was scared of the crayfish around his feet (not that I blame him!) or else he'd get up to his stomach and then decide it was too cold. I didn't want to get all the way in the water either, but I didn't make a big show of it like Aaron did!
Way to go Jessica for picking up trash on the beach!
Of course, we also spent a lot of time in the jeep exploring trails we haven't been on yet, but we didn't take pictures of that. It's Dan's goal to memorize every trail in Utah and know where each one goes. I don't doubt that he will accomplish this!

4 comments:

Christine said...

You guys have so much fun... I'm a little jealous! What a cute little family!

Jake and Nicole said...

I can't believe how brave you are to do all those things when you're almost 9 months pregnant!! Looks like you have had so much fun!! I was laughing about the fireworks! I won't tell my husband or brother, they'll be knocking at your door wanting to buy some!!

About the blog said...

Hey Kristen. You are looking so cute with that bump of yours :) It makes me want to be pregnant again {I loved it!}. I tried calling you awhile back. Let me know if you still want to talk diapers. You can email me. geswinson at gmail dot com.

April said...

I too am amazed you are doing all those things being SO pregnant! You must make a much better pregnant woman than me!!! I'm only a few weeks and I use it as an excuse for everything!! Way to be adventurous. And there is NO WAY I would swim in that water with thos crayfish. YUCKO!!!