Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sleep Training-Night 2

Last night went very well!  I hope Aiden continues to follow this trend of improvement!

Aiden went down crying at 7:47.  Breathers within 3 minutes.  Off and on little cries until 8:06.  Stopped crying for about 10 minutes.  Then cried hard again at 8:18.  Went in to soothe.  Cried off and on until about 8:30.  At 9:05 a short cry for a few minutes.  And then he was totally out for the night.

I didn't hear him again until 5:11.  Bryan was also stirring.  I gave both boys a 5 oz. bottle (Against my rules!  But I was hoping to easily buy 2 more hours of sleep!)  Aiden continued crying after the bottle.  Went back in to soothe at 5:25.  Then he cried off and on until about 6:00. 

I got him up for the day at 7:40.  He's been a happy little guy today!

Both boys are still battling me over the morning nap.  But I'm not giving in right now.  They must stay in bed for at least an hour.  This morning they both cried off and on the whole time.  (I think giving them that 5:00 bottle made them sleep in a little too late so they didn't want to go down for a nap at 9:00.  I will try to stick to the plan better tonight.)  Hopefully they'll sleep for a full 2 to 2.5 hour nap this afternoon!

3 comments:

Mary said...

My boys have set their mornings between 0700-0730 (if they aren't up by then, I wake them up). I've had then only taking one nap a day, @ 1100, for quite a few months. One sleeps for about an hour, while the other sleeps for up to 3! And now we are putting them down at 8pm. The weird thing is, the one that takes the 3 hr nap, is the better sleeper at night! I only gave the one that woke up 5oz, then put him back down...the other one slept the whole night. The challenge is getting in their room to get the screamer before he wakes up the other!
Keep up the good work!! I know it will pay off soon!

Jenny Whiting said...

Wow, that's fantastic that Aiden slept almost all night. Does this mean Bryan is doing the same? It's working - GOOD JOB! I always had the hardest time breaking the 5 am feeding. So I didn't really hurry it and Nathan didn't give it up till 13 months. But, if the naps aren't going well, then maybe you have to battle it now. Anyway, good luck. I think you're doing a great job. Nathan won't take his afternoon naps anymore and that is crazy for me! The other two kept doing their naps through 4 years, Marie still does now and then! So they are just all very different.

Karen said...

That's awesome. I'm glad it's going well. I hope it keeps up.
They must be smart kids to catch on so quickly!