Sunday, February 20, 2011

Aaron's 13th Birthday

 For Aaron's 13th birthday we went to Nickel City where they have arcade games and laser tag.  His birthday is in January so I'm a little late!  It was the weekend before everyone started getting sick and then getting sick again!
Aaron wanted a snowboard cake.  We had it all planned out and it was going to be really cool. . . but the first cake stuck to the pan. . . and then so did the second. . . so at the last minute I threw together this pan of brownies and sort of made a mountain out of marshmallows.  We didn't have any little action figures to put on the snowboard so Jessi added one of her Littlest Pet Shop animals!  It wasn't wanted I wanted for Aaron at all. . . but he was still happy and the kids all fought over the pieces with the marshmallows.  Does anyone know the secret for how to keep cakes from falling apart?  I've never had this problem until recently.  What am I doing wrong?

2 comments:

Mary said...

Whenever I plan on having to take the cake out of a pan, I use a cake extender...it tastes more like it's from scratch & holds together great! I don't spend the money on the release stuff you buy at the store, I just use butter & flour on the pan.
I think it looks great!

Kristen said...

You make such fun cakes for your kids! (Even if you did just throw it together, it was great!)