I decided to not start the training until bedtime last night. I wanted to make sure that Aiden had solid naps so that he'd be well rested and ready. I'm grateful for any prayers on my behalf! About half way through the day my mindset began to shift from dread and thinking about how hard this would be to getting excited for both of us! I attribute that mind shift to the Holy Spirit and prayers! I had a little list of things I could do to keep myself busy during all the many hours that Aiden would be crying, except I didn't have to use it at all! The night went sooooooo much better than I had imagined!
Down at 7:45. Crying. I soothed every 3-5 minutes. By 8:15 taking breathers. 8:20 stopped crying. 35 minutes total.
10:05 Started SCREAMING. Waited 4 minutes. It took 5 minutes to soothe. Started taking breathers within 3 minutes. 10:18 Stopped crying. 13 minutes total.
12:05 Started screaming. Tried to wait 5 minutes, but he stopped crying on his own after 4 minutes. Never had to go in! 4 minutes total.
1:50 Started crying. Waited 5 minutes. Gave him leftover bottle from bedtime (3 ounces?). Cried for 3 more minutes. 11 minutes total.
If he woke up again before morning I slept through it! I didn't hear from Aiden again until 7:15 when he woke up with a big smile!
I just put him down for a nap at 8:55. Cried immediately. Started taking breathers by 8:58. Wimpered for a while and completely stopped crying by 9:07. 12 minutes total.
I wonder what he'll dish out tonight.
1 comment:
Yeah! Not a bad night at all! You are making progress every.single.night! Keep the updates coming!
Post a Comment