Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Two Months Birthday!

I won't lie.  Life is not peachy fun with twin newborns.  Everyday seems so hectic!  However, I will say that I am trying to be positive and enjoy it as much as possible.  Looking back on Amy's infant days just seems a blur, but what I remember is that I enjoyed it.  In an effort to be able to do the same for Aiden and Bryan I will try to blog about good things that happen!

The past three weeks Dan and I have decided that it's time to begin our adventuring again.  We buckled the boys into their car seats and hit the trails!  Each week we try to do a day trip.  They are content most of the time and I'm so glad that Dan has pushed me to get out of the house and have fun again!  :)

Thank goodness for Amy.  I spend nearly all day everyday with her and she constantly makes me laugh with the funny things she says and does.  She helps Dan and I to see that one day these helpless crying boys will also be lots of fun!  The infant stage is not our favorite.  We look forward to having them be more responsive.

The other day I decided that Amy might think it's fun to play in a blanket fort.  I loved making these when I was a kid.  When I first put it up she thought that she was supposed to climb on top of it.  She jumped on it, fell flat on her face, knocked the whole thing down, and cried.  Once I showed her that she was supposed to play under it she thought it was the best thing ever.  We read books, ate snacks, and played with the babies in our fort all day!
This purple monster is the best stroller ever!  It has saved me!  I call it my sanity saver!  I bought it off of KSL (free online classifieds) a few weeks ago for a great deal.  I quickly realized after my mom left that I had to be able to get out and about with my three kids and that the double stroller just wasn't going to do!  It's huge, but it's big tires make it easy to push and gives it a smooth ride.  I keep the stroller, which has tons of storage space, stocked with diapers, snacks, water, formula, extra clothes, sunscreen, and a quilt for the park at all times so whenever we want to go for a walk all I have to do is throw the kids in.  Amy and I especially enjoy the walks, and we're sure the boys will learn to like walks more as they grow!

My parents arrive in town tonight and will be here for a week!  We're excited!  More pictures to come!

4 comments:

Jenny Whiting said...

Aw, I love that picture of your 3 in the stroller. So cute! I can't wait to hold those little guys and Amy looks so fun...can't wait to hear her talking more. I'm so glad she keeps you encouraged! I'm so glad you get to have mom and dad for a week...you deserve some help and fun. And hopefully you'll also get a cute playhouse and kitchen! Love ya! You're doing great...keep up the optimism! It will all go by so quickly and before you know it you will not have newborn twins anymore-a once in a life experience.

Mary said...

Even before I had the boys, the infant phase was not my favorite (from years babysitting & being a nanny). There is hope, though! My boys have now finally started recognizing each other and interacting together. They wake up with smiles and love being in the double stroller on my morning walk/jog in the park.

That is one awesome stroller!! You are doing an amazing job...and blanket forts are the BEST!!

nTeerlink said...

I love to read your blog and keep up on your three little ones. Sounds like you are doing a terrific job. I ALMOST had twins twice so I know how much work 2 little ones can be. But you are right - the time goes by so quickly - when you look back on it- so enjoy it as much as possible.
Love. G.T.

Mikael said...

OH MY! That jogger cracks me up!! YOu are a SUPER woman to even attempt packing all the kids up and joggin... good for you!!!