Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Somewhere in the middle

Anyone who was seriously worried about me after yesterday's post need not worry.  Truth is, I'm somewhere in the middle of the surviving vs. thriving spectrum.  Yes, I still feel overwhelmed and yes, I was up nearly every hour with the boys last night.  But things aren't all bad.  I've hired a high school student who did an internship in my classroom this year to come to my house three days a week to help clean the house and give me a hand with the kids when I need it.  Yesterday I took the three of them on a long walk (3 hours!) and it went mostly well.  The first half of the walk I had Amy in the front seat and the boys laying down in the back seat of the stroller together.  They were very cozy together!  On the way home Amy insisted on sitting in the back so I put Aiden in the front seat and made a little nest in the basket for Bryan.  He's too little to know to feel claustrophobic!  It was hot and sunny and by the time we got home everyone was ready for a long nap.  I usually manage to squeeze in an hour nap in the afternoon when all three babies are sleeping.    I'm also grateful that I receive little bits of "Mommy Inspiration" now and then.  For example, yesterday the thought came to mind, "Just fill up a few pots with water and cups and put it on the deck for Amy to play with."  She was content playing alone for an hour.  :)

2 comments:

Jay and Savannah said...

You are doing wonderful Kristen. Your family is beautiful. Those little mommy moments when you have inspiration are wonderful.

Mary said...

good plan, and im totaaly jealous of your 3 hr walk, Cooper will only last 45 min before wanting to be held :o)