I'm ignoring my children for 5 minutes so that I can write down a few random thoughts.
Life is totally different now with two little babies. Sure, there's a lot of great things, but right now Dan and I both feel a bit overwhelmed, and well, tired! There's always someone crying, and sometimes two or three kids crying, day and night. Amy has a cold and doesn't feel well. She throws tantrum after tantrum after tantrum. She gets mad and hits me and pulls my hair and kicks or hits the babies. The only way to keep her happy is to go on walks or watch her baby shows, so we do that a lot. Aiden and Bryan are pretty good babies, but there's two of them and so twice the crying, twice the bottles, twice the spit up, twice the diapers, etc., etc. Yes, sometimes we are thriving, but today we are simply surviving. Dan and I just keep reminding ourselves that this phase of our lives will pass! The key, I've found, is to just not think about it too much, to just do what needs to be done. When I think about it I get stressed and frustrated! So I'm turning my brain off now and going upstairs to feed a crying baby.
5 comments:
Oh Kristen...I'm sure you are the best mommy! I can't imagine having TWO, and a two year old!! One day you will look back at this time in your life and laugh...right?!? You can do it, you can do it. One day at a time:), that's what I keep telling myself.
Oh honey, it does get better and survival is a good goal :o)
Maybe it's because I'm used to strapping down screaming kids in the treatment room while changing dressing, starting IV's, or drawing blood...but the crying hasn't bothered me too much. There always seems to be at least one of them crying, and I can't hold them both all the time.
You can do it!!! And there are good things to brighten your day coming soon...one of my boys rolled over for the first time yesterday, and now they are both smiling and cooing on a regular basis.
Sending HUGE hugs your way!!
I've been thinking about you a lot. Sorry it's so rough right now, but just remind yourself that you're doing your best. If Amy needs to watch more baby shows than you'd like so you can get stuff done...do it. Your life will be all the better because you will be more sane. You're a great mom!! Love you girl!!
You are doing a great job! Surviving is all you have to do. Ignore anything that makes you feel guilty. So Amy is watching hours of TV - at least she's happy! Keep up the great work and ask for help when needed.
Hang in there! And ASK FOR HELP!! I'm sure there are plenty of people (more than you might think) who would love to watch Amy for awhile, or help clean or cook. I only wish I were there to help!
It gets better... or at least these days will fade into a distant, less painful memory. :) That has to be true because I know too many people who had more children after twins... either that, or they're just crazy!
I know you don't have time, now, but I have a friend who had twin boys (very colicky) and a two year old girl almost two years ago and she has a great blog... it might be therapeutic for you to read it and laugh and cry.
Post a Comment