Friday, March 26, 2010

A Tribute to my Best Friend

A want to publicly pay tribute to Dan for all the support he gives me.  He's helped me have a positive outlook on our life with twins.  We're both sad to know that we'll need to let go (at least temporarily) of some of our family's favorite hobbies, like camping and days out on the jeep trails.  He's been busy thinking up new hobbies (walks all over downtown, biking through the canyon. . .)  It's easy to get overwhelmed about our new arrivals, and I just really appreciate his good attitude about our changing lives.

As we grow to a family of seven in our house (can you believe our family is that big?!!!) we're a little crowded as we squeeze into three bedrooms and share one bathroom.  But again, I appreciate Dan being okay with the fact that I've moved the changing table and diaper pails into our bedroom because there's no room for them in the kids' rooms with all the cribs!  We've bought a big dining table that will easily seat eight.  It crowds our dining room, yet we're okay with it!  We live in close quarters, but we're happy together!

I appreciate Dan's understanding when he comes home and the house isn't clean.  He helps a lot with the dishes and other chores everyday.  He rubs my back and plays with my hair (which I love!) and seems so understanding of how tired and uncomfortable I am.  We're both looking forward to when I no longer feel like a beached whale!  But in the mean time, thank goodness I have him to help and support me!  He takes such good care of our family, working so hard to support us financially and emotionally.  I love my husband!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! Dan sounds like the absolute best husband ever! You guys are going to be OK. Wish you were closer so I could help you.