Monday, March 22, 2010

32 weeks!

Today I made it to 32 weeks.  Will these babies ever be born?  Time seems to be going by slowly, yet I know they'll be here before I know it!  My doctor's goal is to get to at least 36 weeks.  He says most 36-week twins get to go home from the hospital with mom.  32-week babies weigh around 4 lbs, so I'm carrying 8 or more lbs of baby right now.  You know how you feel that last month of pregnancy, how you start getting antsy for the end to come?  Well, that's how the last month has been for me.  I feel and look like I'm full-term, but there's still two more months before their due date!

I've gained about 45 pounds and my belly stretch marks itch like crazy!  Today my doctor suggested using hydrocortisone cream and taking Benadryl once a day.  I'll give it try.  I no longer fit into the pants I wore when I was full-term with Amy.  Shirts are also getting small and I have to tug on them all day to keep them pulled down!  At least I'm home most of the time so it's not a big deal!

I'm grateful that my pregnancy is going well without any health complications, yet, I'm still ready to be done.  I'm amazed that anyone who has twins is brave enough to get pregnant again.  I would be so scared of having twins again!  I suppose that in a few months I will have forgotten all the discomfort I'm going through right now.  I keep telling Dan, no more babies after this!  He says he won't be surprised if I change my mind in a few years!  We'll see!

1 comment:

Mary said...

my husband is already talking about trying for a girl "next time." I told him he can't ask me that again until both boys are out of diapers :o)