Thursday, March 4, 2010

Babies Update

On Monday I had an ultrasound appointment with the perinatologist, which by definition is an obstetrical subspecialist concerned with the care of the mother and fetus at higher-than-normal risk for complications. Anyway, things are still looking good for our little boys. Aiden is measuring a little big for his age at 3lb, 6 oz. and Bryan is right on track at 2lb, 15 oz.

Where did their names come from?

Little Aiden Ray comes from my middle name, Nadine, just with the letters mixed around (minus one n!) and Ray is Dan's life-long best friend (besides me!) Aiden means Little Fire and Ray (short for Raymond) means Advice or Protector.

Bryan Mac is named after Dan's middle name and Mac is short for McIntyre, my maiden name, so that he's named after my dad and brothers. Bryan means Noble, Strong, and Virtuous and Mac simply means Son of, so son of the McIntyre's?

3 comments:

April said...

I love the names!! Very creative.

Jessica said...

What cute names! I love the significance.

Rachel Doyle said...

I like the names you guys have chosen. How are you doing on bedrest? Can I bring you dinner or anything?