We didn't get pictures because Amy destroyed the evidence, but of course we had to have a fun way to tell the kids. I printed out the message, "We are going to have another baby in May," and cut each word apart and taped them under the kids' dinner cups and plates. They noticed one of the words while drinking and then quickly found all the words except "baby" because it was under Amy's bowl suction-cupped to the table. At first they thought we were going somewhere in May, but when they saw the word "baby" they quickly put the message together. Of course, Aaron and Jessica are thrilled! They've already decided that now they'll each get to share a room with a baby, which is still funny to me that they would be so excited about that. They LOVE and ADORE Amy so I'm sure this new baby will also be very welcomed.
Amy is growing up. She loves to pretend things. She plays dishes and enjoys having her own frying pan and spatula to cook with. She also loves playing with baby dolls. She gives them kisses and feeds them bottles. We recently found a toy stroller at the thrift store for $2 and it's her favorite things to push around. She's a cute little mommy with her baby, cell phone, and purses! Still not walking on her own. She's just not interested, and that's okay with me!
4 comments:
Congrats Kristen! That is so awesome. I look forward to sharing your journey with you...please post pics along the way. :)
Oh, and when you come to DC, let me know if you have a minute to stop by or meet somewhere. I'd love to catch up with you. :)
YAY!! Kristen!!! I'm so excited for you both. :) Motherhood seems to fit you like a glove. Keep us posted!
Love,
Mandy and David
Congratulations:) We're so happy for you and can't wait to hear more.
Congrats -- I blog stalk you from Jenny's blog every once in a while -- You'll love having babies close -- My girls are 10 months apart and for the most part it fantastic!
Post a Comment