Monday, October 12, 2009

NAEYC Conference in Washington D.C.

I just made arrangements to attend the NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) annual conference in Washington D.C. next month. I'm really excited to be able to go! NAEYC is the biggest association that advocates quality and research-based education for young children, which, as a first grade teacher, I'm really interested in. Plus, for the past two years I've been helping BYU with a research project called SEEL (Systematic and Engaging Early Literacy) and they have been invited to present their research at the conference. I have spent hours upon hours working with this project in my classroom so it's really neat to know that other people around the whole country are interested in knowing what I've been doing in my own little classroom! Dianne, my kindergarten colleague is going with me, and Amy too, but she'll be staying at my parent's house while I attend the conference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats really cool Kristen! I didn't know that you've been doing some research on the side. So are you personally presenting that at the conference, or are other members from BYU going with you? That will be fun to see mom and dad, and have Amy stay with them.