Friday, October 24, 2008
Fall Break at the Whitewash Sand Dunes
This is the third year in a row that we've done a family trip for the Fall Break from School. This year we camped at the Whitewash Sand Dunes which are near the the Moab/Green River part of the state. I had a hard time deciding which pictures to post so there's kind of a lot of pictures. I'm sure no one minds!
We spent one afternoon exploring one of the many canyons in this part of the state. (We spent a few days exploring canyons, but only have pictures of one of them.) Aaron and Jessica had a lot of fun throwing rocks off a ledge.
I tried hiking around with Amy in this wrap that I borrowed from a friend. It's pretty comfortable to wear and looks cozy for Amy. I thought she'd like it since she loves to be swaddled, but she didn't. We ended up taking her out and just carrying her.

We discovered rattle snakes on this trip! Scary! Dan and Jessi found two of them. Dan was worried about this one hurting us since we were in a tight box canyon so he threw rocks at it and killed it pretty easily. (I missed the action because I was feeding the baby.) Jessi's posing with the dead snake. I never saw the snakes while they were alive. I'm both happy and disappointed about that.
There was no shortage of sand to play in!
I forgot to bring a sun hat for Amy and she hates the sun in her eyes so she borrowed Jessi's hat. A little big, but it did the job!
Like we could survive a long weekend without the swing! Of course we brought it with us!
It seems that Dan was the one taking pictures the whole time because he's not in any of them! This jeep shot is to prove that he was indeed with us because I certainly wasn't driving through that terrain!
What an awesome place to be with our awesome kids!
Aaron showing off our current four wheeler. While riding it the wheel came off!!! For some reason Aaron tried to keep on riding it without the wheel. Good thing he doesn't have a license to be on the road yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So fun looking at your pictures! You look so good and I can't believe Amy is that old! WOW, how time flies! We're coming up on Tues so I will see you next weekend!
Post a Comment