Friday, October 24, 2008

8 Weeks Old

This is my first attempt at taking a picture of Amy smiling. She smiles a lot, but not always consistently. She also coos and babbles a brief conversation. She's a cutie and is still happy most of the time. She'd rather be in the swing than anywhere else. She still wakes up to eat twice a night, but I don't mind it too much. Her mouth and hands have discovered each other (but I don't think Amy's actually discovered her hands, if that makes sense!) Amy hates tummy time and cries the instant I put her on her belly so I don't do it often. Maybe she'll crawl late. That'd probably be okay with me!
This is her first time to play with her toy with the kicking mode. She was intrigued, but not humored.

We love her. She seems to be doing well with her babysitter while I'm at work, and I'm doing pretty well with it too. Most of the time I enjoy going to school and teaching kindergarten, but I'm also glad that I'm only away from her for about 4 hours.

2 comments:

Jenny Whiting said...

When I first looked at this post the other day, I instantly thought that Amy looks so much like Dan. Do people tell you that a lot? She is growing up and is so cute. I love all the new pictures. I'm so excited to see you guys soon!

EmyLee McIntyre said...

Yay, pictures of Amy with her eyes open! haha, I think Emy and I seem to come over during nap time when she's sleeping in her swing. I've only held her in her first few days old, but I'm sure in the next week we'll hold plenty of babies! We're excited to be in VA with you guys,

Love Jason, and Emy