Monday, February 6, 2012

We Don't Have Any Money

A funny story that I didn't want to forget. . .

Amy can be a bit of a drama queen.  She can make herself cry about anything, anytime, anywhere. For months she has been asking us to buy her a horse and we always reply that we don't have money to buy a horse.

About a month ago we were at church.  Dan and I were on one end of the pew and Amy was on the other end with Aiden, Bryan, both of my parents, and Aaron, and Jessica between us.  All of the sudden Amy starts bawling and crying -- quite loudly for all to hear!  "We don't have any money!  We don't have any money!"  By the time she made her way to me I realized she was making herself cry about a horse.  At least now the whole congregation knows that "We don't have any money."  But they have no idea that the whole ordeal was about wanting a horse.

2 comments:

Jenny Whiting said...

How funny! I can just picture her doing that. At least it was a sentiment that most people feel often...never enough money...

Elizabeth said...

Ha! I would have loved to have seen your face! Oh kids. :)