I have lots of pictures from the last few months that I haven't posted. I'll dedicate this post to catching up with fall. Long post with LOTS of pictures!
Way Back in October: Dan and I took the little kids to Park City to walk around and have lunch. We stopped and played in the leaves for a while. So much fun! Here's a bunch of snapshots. I love them and imagine they would look even better if I knew how to photoshop them!
Halloween Cookie Disaster: I tried to chase away some rainy day blues in October by bringing everyone to the table to mix up and roll out some Halloween cookies. We used a package mix and it was a complete disaster as the dough was sooooo sticky! We scraped it off the table and ended up doing drop cookies instead. Despite the mess, we succeeded in chasing the blues away and had fun!
Dan's Birthday: For Dan's birthday cake I made a bag of gold. I wish I
could have given him a real bag! Daniel gave him a big knife for his
birthday so Dan used it to cut the cake.
Also on Dan's birthday I had each of the kids paint a canvas for us to hang up in our living room. I was tired of the old pictures we had on the wall and I wanted something that represented our family more. I told them they could paint anything they wanted, but I painted the background and picked the color palette so that they would all match our decor. I love the outcome. It's bold and takes up most of the wall. Modern, and still very meaningful. Light and fun. I think it makes a strong statement about what who we are. (Top row: Daniel, Aiden, Aaron. Bottom row: Jessi, Bryan, Amy (with some help!).
Thanksgiving: Dan's mother, Jan, came to visit for Thanksgiving
weekend. Some of the highlights of our weekend include lots of
cuddling, story reading, and napping! All of the kids (Aaron on down to
Bryan) loved to hang out up in the girls bedroom with Grandma. They
just laid around reading, singing songs, cuddling, and even napping
together! I've never seen them all enjoy being so close for such long
amounts of time! The kids also enjoyed having Grandma Jan take them
shopping at the mall. :)
Grandma was an instant hit with Bryan since she was always willing to read books with him!
We also got to enjoy a brief visit from my brother Jason and Emy, Boston, and Story. The kids had so much fun playing together!
And that finishes up our fall. Later this week I'll do Christmas Break!
2 comments:
I love all the photos - it looks like a very busy and fun fall.
Cute kids and great pictures. I like the idea for decorating a wall. We might be copying that idea... I'm happy for you and sad for me that you don't head north so often anymore :)
Post a Comment