Monday, September 1, 2008

Welcome to our sweet Amy Jane!

Amy Jane Ellis was born on Wednesday, August 27 at 9:26 AM. 7 lb 12 oz., 20 inches. She's pretty much perfect and we're so glad to finally have her here!

Dan and I headed to the hospital at about 10:30 PM Tuesday night after having regular contractions all day. Shortly after getting admitted I was given an epidural and was able to sleep through most of the night. When I was finally dilated to a 10 the doctor was busy performing a c-section on another patient so he had me wait almost 2 hours before pushing! It really wasn't bad thanks to the epidural!Smiles because it's finally time to push and Amy will be here soon! I was so numb that I actually couldn't feel a thing when I pushed. That made things pretty easy on my part, but a little more work for everyone else that had to coach me.

The cord was wrapped around Amy pretty tightly and the doctor had to cut it before she was completely delivered. So she started out a little white due to lack of oxygen, but grew pinker in no time!

Here's what Dan said in an email he sent to his family and friends: "I was pretty stoic, but when I touched her and acknowledged the hard world that she was coming into I cried. If I were to doubt the hand of god, she removed the doubt. As wonderful as my wife is and as good as I’d like to be, there is no way that we created that sweet little child without his hand."

A few pictures of Amy getting to know her brother and sister and daddy.
Plus here's a few more pictures including going home from the hospital.


I keep trying to get this picture to come out the right direction. I don't know why it won't work! You'll just have to turn your head sideways!


This pink dress is the one I bought on the day I found out Amy was a girl. So we're both home now and doing better and better each day. Amy is a great sleeper, is getting better at eating, and is already starting to get on a loose schedule/routine. I hope she keeps it all up!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I have been waiting for this post because I had not heard anything. I'm glad everything went well. Please continue to send more pictures our way!

Terra said...

yeah! so cute! I really wish I could be there and hold her and see you! you all look great. thanks for posting the pics! :)

Jenny Whiting said...

oops, that last comment above was really from me, not my friend Terra. Apparently she was the last one using the computer here at the beach house!!

Christine said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you- she's absolutely gorgeous. She is so lucky to be born into such a wonderful, loving family!

Amy Chandler said...

CONGRATS!! She is so adorable! You look amazing. And I am so excited for you to be able to snuggle and love her to pieces! I can't wait for more pictures.

Jake and Nicole said...

Even though I've been spoiled to see and hold her, I love looking at the pictures! She's so pretty! Good job! :)

April said...

I have been checking your blog everyday waiting to hear the news. CONGRATS!!! Kristen I am so happy for you and your family. You are going to be so blessed by this little child. Best wishes and I can't wait to hear updates of her growth.

Anonymous said...

Best Wishes to the Ellis Family! Amy is simply adorable and I just love her name!

Sarah, Peyton and Lane

Jessica said...

Congratulations! How exciting to have a new little one. Aaron and Jessica both look so exicted in these pics- how sweet.

Derek and Jen said...

Kristen! It seems so long since seeing you at Amelia! Congrats on the birth of your adorable daughter! We've got a blog too if you ever want to check it out. It's http://www.beckstrandbunch.blogspot.com. Best of luck with everything!
-Jenny Beckstrand

Julie and Carlos said...

Congratulations! Not only is a baby a gift from heaven, but this baby ties your family together. A friend once told me having a baby is like biologically tying parents together - because through the baby you have biological ties. I'm sure genticists would argue that point, but I like to think of this baby as biologically pulling your whole family together because EVERYONE is related through her. Congrats!
Julie and Carlos

Rachel Doyle said...

Kristen-

Congrats -- she is beautiful. I have been secretly blog stalking you from Jenny's blog while I was on bedrest -- we will have to get our babies together when they get big enough to play -- Rachel (Cornwell) Doyle

Bree :--) said...

Oh, I love her!! She is so beautiful. I hope you're coping well. I think I really need to see her! CONGRATULATIONS