Amy is such a busy body. She started walking at about 16 months. (She's 18 months now.) Honestly, I was glad that she's a late walker, and she started walking just when I needed her to because it was physically getting difficult to carry her. Walking makes her happy. She can carry things all around. . .
. . .which inevitably leads to stuff being left all around the house. I find fridge magnets in the bedroom, toy cars in the bathroom, tupper-ware and play dishes everywhere! Whenever I try to tidy up after her she's already pulled something else out by the time I finish. It's a constant battle, one that I don't know if I can win, so I've relented lately and just let her win!
Amy loves her baba and binkies (which I try to limit to bedtime only) and while I know that the longer I let her keep using them the harder it will be to wean her later, I don't see the point in weaning her when very soon we'll have babas and binkies everywhere!
On the other hand, she also has a fascination with cups, not sippy cups, regular cups. This equals lots of spills everyday. I figure it's just a phase I have to let her go through, otherwise she'll never learn, right? It's just as tedious as when we taught her how to climb down stairs.
I think that overall Amy is a pretty good little eater and I don't have any concerns. However, I think it's funny how every time we go in for a WIC appointment the nutritionist always comes up with something to tell me that I'm doing wrong. At my last appointment she told me that I give Amy too much milk everyday. Is there such a thing? And if she shouldn't have that much milk then why does WIC give me so much milk? I usually end up having to dump at least half a gallon each month because they give me so much that it goes bad before she can drink it all! (But I won't complain too much because I'm so grateful for the help we get from WIC!)
And of course, Amy's favorite word: No!
Most of the time, she's still a sweetie though. Her favorite pastime is reading books and she brings them to me all the time (and gets frustrated that there isn't room on my lap anymore) and sits beside me to read them. :) She gives me little pats on the back when she hugs me. I love being the mom of a toddler!
2 comments:
Ohh man, it's comforting to know there's other people going through the exact same thing I am! It's soo busy. I could clean up after Tay all day long too. She is so darling. I'm excited for you to have your two boys!! Holy moly. You are saved. I'm sure you're an awesome mom. I wish we were there so we could have play dates!
Oh I hated going to WIC appointments. Because they made me feel so stupid. They actually told me I drank too much water while I was pregnant with Lane!! I quit going after Lane was about 18 months
Post a Comment