Monday, January 4, 2010

Twice as Nice? or Double Trouble?

Dan and I received quite the surprise Christmas gift this year! I went to the doctor on December 23rd for the routine 20-week ultrasound. We were anticipating to get the news that we were expecting a little girl or boy; however, it was a shock (to say the least!) to find out that I am expecting twin boys!!!! I guess that explains why my belly popped out so soon! I still feel fine, if not overwhelmed. I haven't been sick at all with this pregnancy, I just feel like I'm about two months further along than I really am. I don't know much about twins yet and will have a few extra doctor appointments this week. Of course, we're very excited, but like I said, perhaps a bit shocked and overwhelmed!

We saved the news for Christmas day for Aaron and Jessi. They opened a gift for the new baby, which they knew would reveal whether it was a boy or girl. They were a little confused at first, but soon realized that the two boy outfits meant twin boys! Aaron rolled on the floor he was so excited. Jessi quickly let me know that she is always willing to hold and feed one of them. I'm glad they're so happy about it! I wish they could be with us everyday to help!

Naturally, all of my family and friends are so excited. I'm starting to get excited too, but foremost on my mind is trying to figure out how we're going to manage and afford everything! I know it will all work out though, just as things always somehow do. If anyone has baby boy items they want to pass along, I'm more than willing to accept! :)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

YEAH! Well...you already knew I was excited, but I just had to tell you again. :)Does Jenny have any of her boy stuff left?

Bree :--) said...

Holy moly!! Congratulations!! That would be a HUGE surprise! I'm super excited for you. You can do it:)

Jessica said...

That is such a surprise! Congratulations. I wish I had some boy clothes to offer up, but everything I own is pink. :)

Jake and Nicole said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! how exciting! i haven't gotten on blogs in forever but I'm so happy for the news! congrats! How fun!!!