Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kristen's Birthday

My birthday was on Friday. This has been a really fun week to have a birthday because it was also teacher appreciation week at school. The PTA went all out and really pampered us teachers. There was something special everyday from taking us out to lunch, to a nice breakfast in the teacher's lounge, to even getting hair school students to come in and style our hair and do our nails. I felt so special all week. My students were excited about teacher appreciation week and my birthday as well and they showered me with flowers, cards, and little gifts. I loved it! We celebrated my birthday in class. I even got a birthday crown! It was so much fun! For the question of the day I had my students guess how old I was . It was multiple choice and I was surprised to find how many thought I was 15, 45, or even 100!

We celebrated my birthday as a family on Thursday when we had the kids with us. We went out to see Iron Man and bought an ice cream cake at Baskin Robins. We ate the cake in our new (used) RV! Unfortunately we didn't have the camera with us. What a great birthday week!I used the birthday money my mom gave me to buy some flowers and pots for our deck. (Looking more pregnant! I'm officially in maternity clothes now!)
Dan bought me an electric piano for my birthday. We bought it used on Craig's list, but it's as good as new and has a pretty realistic piano touch and sound. I haven't played much since high school and I'm hoping to redevelop this lost talent (or at least entertain myself!)

No comments: